Monday, September 11, 2006

Four Days Gone

Alright, it's about time for an update! Here I am, having completed four days of my senior year. Much has happened already! The three amigas + Ian have been planning and doing fun things together non-stop! Kim gave Es and I a first day of school gift of See's candy and lip gloss. Oh yeah! And despite the sad forgotten detail of a "Hollywood soundtrack" CD sitting at home on my dresser, the rest of the items made it to the high school games. I really enjoyed being MC and I was glad to see many of the students having a great time! Some moments were really quite hilarious...

Anyway, our first soccer game was on Thursday. We played Puget Sound Adventist and won 4-2. Nathaniel got 2 1/2 goals (the 1/2 is because after the goalie blocked his shot, a member of the other team knocked it in on accident) and Chris got 1. It was a very exciting start to the season! I even brought my camera, but of course, the battery went dead after 1 picture. :) Always next time I guess...

On Friday I finally took my "first day of school" traditional picture outside the front door. Wednesday was super casual and Thursday I had on a soccer jersey top, so we decided to wait. That night, Kim, Esther, Mo, and I drove together to Buca di Beppos (not Pico di Gayos! as a certain friend of mine thought... ahem!) to celebrate Keri's shower. That was very memorable, I must say! :D The ironic thing is that I had planned to take Kim to that same place that same night to celebrate her 18th birthday, but she said she was busy because of the shower and I ended up being a guest too. It was a really interesting turn of events. Not a coincidence of course, knowing God is sovereign... so instead, Kim, Esther, Ian, Dave, and I went to Olive Garden on Saturday for lunch. At 9 am, though, I was volunteering at the Future of Flight when God opened the door for me to discuss/share with a fellow volunteer. It was amazing to see my strong desire for him to see the truth because he mixed so many beliefs together. God blessed my prayer for an opportunity like this. I had been convicted because I haven't shared the gospel with someone in years! It is a tragic track record that I am very blessed and excited to have broken! Ask me about it sometime, I'd love to share more details! Please be praying for Joe. Because I was so engrossed in the conversation, I didn't leave FOF on time and so, managed to be late to Olive Garden. But the Lord knew, and so was everyone else! :) I even had time to buy Kimmy flip flops. Our time at the restaurant was a sweet time of hilarity and fellowship. We were chatting away and even crying from laughing so hard. With never-ending pasta + dessert, how can you go wrong? After that, we went to the Everett Mall to walk around and then stopped at Blockbuster to look for a movie. God allowed me to not have to do my Gap shift and continue the fun times with my friends. After all, Kim only turns 18 once! :) We went to school to help set-up for one28 the next day and we girls even made a Starbucks run with Kim taking on the challenge of DG's bug. Whee! After watching the movie, we said goodnight and set off for home. It was a glorious end to a wonderful week! But of course, we never thought to take pictures, so all we have are special memories (and I have this blog...)!

So here I am, looking ahead to a Lopez Island game on Thursday and Senior Picture Day on Friday. Please, please pray for me- on Saturday morning, I take the ACT. It shouldn't be too bad, but I am nervous because I need to get a 32 so I don't have to take the SAT again. (I'm still working on getting to the top scholarship level) I just have to remember that God brought me through the SAT and will be faithful to do so with the ACT. I must pray for peace and clarity of mind. I need Him to answer the questions, if it's just me, I know I will fail. Afterwards, though, I get to share in the exciting union of Keri & Brian. Thanks to the test being over, I will definetely have the brightest smile in the congregation! ;)

In closing, Happy 18th Birthday to my dear, sweet Kimmy!
Gotta go study for the ACT...
Love, Nanny

Labels: , , , , ,

NatNannyNad at 7:38 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:39 AM Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you VERY much Natalie for all the Great birthday memories you have shared with me! You are and a great friend and can not thank you enough for all the time, thought, and energy that went into planning my b-day and the gift a day thing! You are AWESOME and the Lord has blessed me with a friend like you! I love you! Talk to you later!

 

Post a Comment