Saturday, February 10, 2007

Food... No, People for Thought

I'm always amazed by how quickly you can connect with people. What seems like a small bit of their history or interest is used by God to allow human relationships, no matter how brief. What am I saying?


For example, I'm sitting at the FOF information desk right now and I just said goodbye to a gentleman and his wife. They put a pin in our US map for Aurora, New York. Then, another volunteer, Zarya asked about the snow. He showed us pictures of the ridiculous amount of white stuff. They have their own snow plow, believe it or not. As he was clicking through everything, there were tropical pictures. Apparently, he had just helped build more hospitals in South America. Psh! Who doesn't do that? They asked me what I enjoyed doing in Seattle and I printed off directions to their hotel. As they were leaving, he saw the scholarship papers I was working on. One said Embry-Riddle. Guess where he graduated from in '71. Yep! And in Aeronautical Engineering, no less. That's what I want + space physics = engineering physics. I wish I could've interacted more, but, for the brief moment I made a connection, I'll never cease to be shocked by the intricate nature of the humans my Lord created!


(Plus, just today I've seen vistitors from Guatemala, Australia, Switzerland, and Italy! There's even pins in Iceland and Northern Canada! It's a small world after all!)

Labels: , ,

NatNannyNad at 11:20 AM

1comments

1 Comments

at 6:28 PM Blogger iron girl said...

That is really neat when you can hit it off with a person like that. I'm a little confused, where were you? FOF? is that foundimentals of the faith?

 

Post a Comment