Saturday, March 10, 2007

Monthly Madness

Whew! It's been awhile (weird... one month exactly) since I posted, for sure! I think I will enlist the help of my daily planner to remind me of all I've done in the past month:

Let's see... Red Robin Smokey Point opened on the 12th of February. I cannot say how much of a blessing that job has been! Sure, I did spend many-a-day at school completely exhausted, but I also quickly made the last bit of money I owed for the Europe trip and am now saving whatever tip money I make this month for spending. No, I am not going to spend it all (I hope!) but when our money is only 1/2 of one Euro... Better safe than sorry, right? I mean last time Es and I went on a trip, we ended up eating weight loss bars and eating other people's scraps so we could spend lunch money on more souvenirs! :D But, back to RR. God gave me a couple of days off school for various reasons that allowed me to catch up on sleep. We had a half day on the 13th and 16th (Europe trip Tea Party).

On the 17th, I hung out with Sarah, Kramer, Becs, and Steph. We went to the bowling alley... but didn't go bowling. :) Then, we went to McDonalds for food and Fred Meyer to buy Milo & Otis which we watched at the Giordanos only to fall asleep. Good times.

I wrote a couple of papers (Calvinism for English and Pilgrim's Progress for Bible).

Worked on several scholarships. I also won the Comcast one I applied for in February. Hooray! $1,000 less for my parents to pay!

February 23rd, we had a very fun senior surprise! We met in the gym with a veritable banquet of food and played several games with our parents to earn points for prizes. Volleyball, relay, ping-pong, b-ball, Yahtzee, and karaoke! Whew! Many of us went to the Weinberg's after to watch Just Like Heaven. Cute. Ian even gave Levi and I a ride in his sweet car! ;)

On the 24th, Katie's friend Jake had 4 extra tickets to the Aaron Schust, Audio A, MercyMe concert at Overlake. Ironically, it was in the deaf section, so we were literally in the front row a bit to the right. First, though, my parents and I ate at Red Robin with Sarah and Becca. When we finally found our seats at the concert I took a bunch of pictures and video. Talk about feeling the bass! Sarah, Becs, Steph, and I had quite a memorable time there! We also discovered 3 streets to not take when leaving the church to get back home. :)

On the 26th, track began and the b-ball banquet was at Eagle's Nest. I was awarded second team all-league. Andrea, Stuart, and I are the captains. Unfortunately, I can only go to 1-2 practices a week. I'm doing my best to keep up! Today, there was a Health Fair at Arlington High School, so I invited the team over to do that and then watch Flushed Away (HILARIOUS!). Josh, Danners, and Brian were the only ones who showed up... ha! We got free stuff at the fair, learned our BMI's, and hung out at my house. Tasty food, playing cards, watching a movie, seeing a 90s b-ball tournament, Flash Gordon, walking down the street... fun, fun.

Back to February, though! My favorite day had to be the 28th. After school, it began to snow like crazy. Esther and I went up to the office to wait for her aunt Heidi to drive us to the Martin's (parents were at elder's retreat). There were free goodies and Esther had some soup that we warmed up to eat for a snack. Within hours, there were 5 inches of snow! We bundled up to walk to Albertsons (Sun Chips, hot cocoa, and movies). We watched Open Season and Just My Luck and ate the pizza and brownies Mrs. Jason had made. Delicious! Most of the evening was also spent discussing how people would get to school if we had it the next morning (Jesse, Heidi, us). At 5:30, Jesse came in Esther's room to say... SCHOOL'S CANCELLED! Hooray! Esther and I slept in for a few more hours. She made me coffee to try, but, it didn't convert me... yuck! We drove Jesse to the "bus stop" (I was captain of the stratus! :D) and stopped at Puma for the 50% off sale. Es got 1 pair of shoes and I found 2! One is a lovely many-shaded green and the other is white and grey with black and gold Chinese flower fabric. I enjoy both very much! We finshed the morning by watching Flyboys. LOVE IT! So, anyway, who'd've imagined a snow day on March 1st?

On to March. On the 3rd, I went to the Future of Flight and got my grandpa some fun presents. Then, I met my family at Red Robin (My Grandpa's 81st was on the 1st). My manager was very nice and gave us a great discount and we really enjoyed having Pedro as our server.

Yearbook is coming to a close, but I certainly can't say it's winding down. We've had plenty of submitting issues to work out the last couple of weeks. One day I spent 3 hrs in the room staring at the computer screen fixing up the proofs. I hope it looks as beautiful as we think it can... HOPE, baby!

I also turned in my housing request for Embry-Riddle. I want to be in the Doolittle dorm with a Christian roommate. Keep that in your prayers, please! I would think at least one of those would be God's will, but I certainly don't know the mind of my Lord.
And now, between RR, track, SLC, scholarships, and assignments, here I am! I look forward to Friday for a St.Patrick's day celebration, MaKenzie's Tea House with Mrs. Frisk, and anberlin concert on Saturday, VIP style! May I come to the end of March closer to God than when I began! Thanks for listening to this wonderful update. Time to go sit with da fam!

Labels: , , , , , ,

NatNannyNad at 9:05 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment