Friday, April 06, 2007

Celts, Braveheart, and Knox

I can hardly believe it's our last learning day today! I think I will forever be changed by this trip! Today we are on our way to St. Andrews. The cathedral ruins are first. It's very warm today- how nice! The celtic tombstone and Sculpture designs are amazing! I love all of the knots. After visiting the little museum, we walked to the top of the old church tower for a great view of the town and beach. Next, we looked around the castle and saw the marker for Knox's martyred mentor, W. There were many wells and counter mines with vegetation growing in them. In search of food for lunch, we found a Greggs. I had a delicious macaroni pie and chicken bake with apple juice. As the adults and guys went to see the church where Knox preached, the girls went to Starbucks. I didn't get anything to conserve pounds and I was struggling with feeling embarassed trying to get sweets for the group at Greggs. We walked down to the beach to see where Eric Liddel's chariots of fire run was filmed.

Our next drive took us to the William Wallace memorial. I guess I need to see Braveheart. It was very interesting to learn about his legacy and inspiration. Now after taking the long trek back down the tower stairs and rocky hill, we are enjoying our last bus trip. It's time for dinner and devotions! Tomorrow, we shop all day in Edinburgh on the Royal Mile & Princes Street. Some of us girls are meeting for tea.

Things I want to get tomorrow: bagpipes, G&G mitzel gift, kilt, thistle something, lion clothing, Scotland shirt

Mike: "The queen mum dropped off her perch."

peely wally = not feeling well
kirk = church
mind = remember
cranny = crack
neuk = corner
brady = pie
daft = crazy
cranky = grouchy
glen = vally
loch = lake
tatty bogle = scarecrow
tatty = dirty

Labels: , ,

NatNannyNad at 12:23 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment