Thursday, April 05, 2007

I don't feel well today, but after croissants, rollos, and a beautiful sunny landscapes, I'm doing fine! I'm excited to see Holy Island! The water is sparkling as we drive along the sandy road. There's so many people going to Lyndis Farne! As we walked down the streets of the island, the wind blew some of the heat away. At the museum, we learned about the monastary and all of the important saints there like Cuthbert and Oswald. Walking around the ruins was magnificent. The sandstone arches, view of the water, and cute baby lambs made for a lovely afternoon.

Next, we enjoyed our last sack lunches and rode to Edinburgh. At the border, we took a pic by the Scotland plaque. I loved being at the castle! Our guide had the best accent and little curly reddish brown hair! We split up and I went to the war memorial first. There were two Scottish men who died in WWI named George Spencer. I wonder what clan I'm in then. Next, we saw the crown jewels. I really like the "foresty" look of the sword (like oak) and the huge pearl and diamond necklace. Sarr, Mr. Lugg, Mrs. Frisk, Levi, and I then explored the area for prisoners, the artillery display, and the war museum briefly. The views from the castle walls were amazing! The trip also helped me to understand the history of Scots and the difference between their country and England. Knowing I am from both "countries," I will wear my Celtic ring proudly! I love that knot design!

As we toured through the city we went up a hill (scraping the back of the bus on every speed bump). We got a great outlook on the new and old. Even a Roman style monument was present. Pretty! Our last hostel is very snazzy! The pasta and salad was the best meal of the trip and the beds are very soft. All girls together again! meeting time...

reever = robber
clans break into sects
M-road = motorway (freeway-green signs)
A-road = not as major (red)
B-road = rough/small
tenaments = apartments
gh = ah

In Scotland, there are phesant, daffodils, horses, and sheep EVERYWHERE!

Labels: , , ,

NatNannyNad at 12:05 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment