Monday, March 26, 2007

The Journey Begins

It’s still not real: We leave TODAY! I am so excited to embark on another journey! I still have fond memories from the DC Trip, so I can only imagine how special Europe will be with my best friend and other close senior buddies! We will have awesome pictures for sure! I survived work last night and brought home $68, so not bad! I organized all of the digital pics for the senior slideshow, but 4 of 18 years is a bit lacking! :) Mom and Dad are scanning other ones soon.

Yesterday I took a picture in the cockpit of 51Mike and one by the Statue of Liberty in my Red Robin. Guess what? When we get back, it’s only 2 months until graduation (and a mere 2 weeks until Banquet) and after graduation, 2 months until Berlin mission’s trip and then 5 days until college at Embry!! I’m so glad Mom and Dad are coming down with me! So fun! And just last night we figured out that I won the MOF/WA state Pathfinder’s scholarship. So, I got $15,000 (ER) + $1,000 (Math) + $1,000 (Comcast) + $5,000 (Pathfinder’s) = $22,000 for my freshmen year. The larger amounts are renewable (get it every year!) Praise God!! Well, I need to finish packing and getting ready! Europe, here I come! Cheerio!

~~~

After some last-minute shopping with Mom, we picked up Dad and headed to Sea-Tac. It was group picture and goodbye time. Next came security. After that, we sat by S10 (our gate) and waited. Esther and I wandered to fin d a cinnamon roll. Seattle’s Best had exactly two! Es and I also got chai and enjoyed. The lady was so sweet, we both loved talking with her about our trip and our college plans. Later, we wandered through shops to get 2 coloring books and colored pencils. On the 747, we had the very back middle rows:

(back)
Kate Dolly Angela Kim
Me Es Sarr Levi
Andi Ian Frisk Lugg
(front)

The two meals served were excellent, but I only slept for 15 minutes…
The entertainment system was crazy! You could pick pretty much anything to watch or do! I played Hangman and Solitare and watched Night at the Museum, Dream Girls, and School of Rock. Each day I’m going to write down fun quotes and words I learn:

“Many Thanks.” Steward
“We’ll hit you as soon as we can.” Mr. Lugg

Nappy = diaper
Toilets = restroom
Bonnet = hood
Mind the Gap
Underground-Tube = subway
Take-away = to-go

Labels: , ,

NatNannyNad at 12:48 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment