Friday, December 01, 2006

Shut up... and Know He is God

Ok, so David didn't quite use that terminology, but it's the basic idea, right? That's what I've been needing to tell myself lately anyway. I still didn't get it! Even after all that I went through contained in my last post... even after playing horribly in a basketball game, getting frustrated at practices, losing my car keys... I STILL DIDN'T GET IT. I was dissatisfied with my cisterns, but I still kept my back to the fountain. But He was so faithful to keep fighting for my affections. Why I don't know, but boy am I grateful. He will not give His glory to another! Gladly, this was all in past tense, so I think I made it over this hill o' pride. And may I stay over it for as long as the Holy Spirit allows! I was dragging down everyone around me too! But I'm sick of it. I don't like trying to live without God... it doesn't exactly work... at all. It makes life miserable. Did I learn that from listening to Solomon, nooooo... of course I had to check it out myself. Well, I'm done with that and ready to fellowship with my King once more!

Oh and I guess I'd better make a mention of our November senior surprise. We walked out of first period in Mr. Whitcomb's Economics class and saw some suspicious activity up on the stage. But, Mr. F and his class were mingling around it, so we just went to English. Then, Mrs. Frisk told us to take out our books then: "No, I'm lying... we're going down to the stage for a wee bit of a parrrty." We found, for our senior delight, three tasty pies and some apple juice and milk. Most of the ladies went for the chocolate cream pie. I did because it looked unique and I typically have pumpkin and apple. It was delicious! Then, at the tables decorated with leaves and cute Thanksgiving sayings, we shared what we were thankful for. Certainly a fun way to spend 2nd period one frosty November!

Speaking of frosty, how 'bout that snow? It was gorgeous! I love watching the flakes come down... so pure and magical. Having relaxing days off school with my family was pretty special too! Thank you, my Creator, for the gift of snow. I guess those heavenly storehouses were temporarily low! ;)

Labels: , ,

NatNannyNad at 6:44 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 10:47 PM Blogger SKH said...

I'm loving the feed action and enjoying your posts as always. Thanks for the honest confession that points to the greatness of God and not the greatness of you.

 

Post a Comment